How To Claim Personal Injury Compensation For Cycling Accidents
Aim Accident Management has specialist personal injury solicitors available for cycling accident claims. We have a history of achieving satisfactory compensation settlements for cycling Road Traffic Accident claims.
- Cycling Accident Claims Specialists
- Cycling Accident Injury Claims
- Fatal Cycling Accident Claims
- Cycling Accidents Legal Advice
- Cycling Accident Compensation Service
- Specialist Cycling Accident Solicitors
We can help you today. Why not speak to an Aim Accident Management solicitor who will advise you if it is likely you can advance your compensation case towards a financial settlement.
If so you could be eligible for a No Win No Fee agreement, ensuring even greater peace of mind in the knowledge that your claim will not cost you anything.
Call 0333 577 9000 – or read on for more about cycling injury compensation claims.
We Are Successful Cycling Accident Compensation Specialists
Accidents involving bicycles are no joke. Every year cycling accidents are rising in the UK.
Aim Accident Management solicitors specialising in cycling accident claims have the skills and experience you need when it comes to launching your cycling accident compensation claim.
Cycling Accident Statistics
Sadly, every year in the UK, over 16,000 cyclists are killed or injured in reported road accidents, including around 2,500 who are killed or seriously injured. These are reported Road Traffic Accidents only.
About 60 per cent of cycling fatalities involve car accidents. After that the most fatal cycling accidents occur due to HGV collisions.
UK Cycling Accidents
- 90 per cent of cycling injuries occur in urban areas
- 75 per cent of cyclist accidents happen at, or near, a road junction
- 80 per cent of cyclist accidents are male
- 80 per cent of cycling accidents occur in daylight
- About one quarter of the cyclists killed or injured in the UK are children
- Around three quarters of cyclists killed have major head injuries
- Between 60 per cent and 90 per cent of cyclist accidents are not reported
Many of these cycling injury cases can lead to successful compensation claims, as long as the accident injuries resulted from the negligence of others.
Cycling Accident Compensation Explained
Clearly, cyclists share the roads with motorised vehicles, including lorries, HGVs, cars, motorbikes, dumper trucks all of which are larger and can cause serious injuries to a cyclist in the event of a collision. Simply put, a cyclist is not encased in metal nor does he or she have air bag protection in the event of an accident.
Although, cyclist injuries following Road Traffic Accidents (RTAs) are in the main relatively minor, high impact collisions with vehicles, especially larger vehicles are very often serious indeed, and in far too many instances, they are often fatal for the cyclist.
The vast majority of these collisions occur in built-up areas or near junctions where other motorists often fail to see the cyclist when turning or overtaking.
As well as cars, accidents involving cyclists often involve HGVs as well as other large vehicles.
If you have experienced a cycling accident in a situation similar to the above and it was not your fault you may be eligible for a compensation claim.
Why not speak to a solicitor with expertise in the field of cycling compensation and Road Traffic Accident personal injury claims and find out if you are eligible for compensation? You can also discover what level of compensation you might receive for your cycling injury.
Common Cycling Accidents and Cycling Injuries
Typical Cycling Accident Claims
Frequently, the most serious types of cycling accidents involve collisions with other forms of transport. In many cases it is the fault of the motor vehicle. Sadly, in the event of such an accident the cyclist often receives serious injuries, including broken limbs, internal bleeding, fractures, concussion and gashes and cuts – also leading to, in many cases, anxiety and depression. But often the most serious personal injuries involving cyclists, resulting in compensation settlements, are major head injuries.
In the worst cases such injuries can be fatal or serious enough to require hospital treatment, and even lead to long-term disability requiring ongoing care.
Common cycling accident compensation scenarios include:
- Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) and cars turning left across the path of a cyclist
- HGVs or cars and the cyclist both turning left
- HGV or cars overtaking the cyclist
- Cyclist and motorist involved in straight on collision
- Cyclist turning right from a minor road into a major
- Right turns onto a major road
- Motorist turning into the path of the cyclist causing injury
- Cyclist overtaking stationary vehicle which then turns
Speak To Aim: Experienced Cycling Accident Solicitors
If you are a cyclist and have suffered a personal injury that was not your fault you could be entitled to claim compensation. What’s more with a No Win No Fee agreement, one of our cycling accident solicitors will handle your claim with no financial outlay required from you. Call 0333 577 9000 for more details.